You still have 10 days to put your ski equipment on, lace up your shoes and go to the centre of Brussels to ski.
And no, you are not dreaming!
City Ski has been officially opened on 08th December 2011.
Just imagine a 150m long slope linking uptown and downtown with 50cm of real powder snow, a travelator taking you to the top of the track or even a specially-designed launching pad for speed lovers; all this is open to everyone in the middle of the city.
This site, located on the Mont des Arts, a stone’s throw from Central Station, easily accessible by public transport offers a breathtaking view of Brussels.
It’s also an opportunity to recall the ambiance of a true ski resort with its mountain chalets, its trees, terraces and restaurants schattered around.
City Ski sponsor,Pierre & Vacancespresents in its own chalet 22 mountain resorts among the finest in France, an opportunity to quickly extend your desire for snow.
To prepare your next vacation, you’re also welcome to make a little detour via France Montagnes
and Atout France info points located nearby, both actively involved in this event.
Prices and information
- Access to the ski + equipment: € 13 / 20 minutes
- Additional 20 minutes Ski: € 5
- Introductory courses for adults are also offered by professionals in the morning.
To enjoy it, you’d better rush because this event will end by 25th December 2011.
However, both city tourism officials and organizers haven’t denied this event to be repeated and even extended in the coming years, integrating the now-wellknown Winter Wonders Christmas market.
Additional activities two steps away:
- Visit Beaux-Arts Palace’s Europalia Brazil festival exhibitions (25% discount on entrance fees to exhibitions: Art in Brazil and Brazil.Brasil to all skiers)
- At the bottom of the ski slope you will enter Club.Brasil pavilion , beating heart of Europalia festival.
For more info about what to do in Brussels, go to Visit Brussels sized for Gays.
Enjoy this little moment of winter sports in the heart of Brussels.
And share your comments about it just hereunder. Have you been there? Have you done it?
Enjoy you all! Eric Mabille